Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strip Clubs in Costa Rica

Strip Clubs in Costa Rica

Back in the states, I would be an advocate of suicide bombings towards strip clubs. With few exceptions, it's sex for money, only without the sex...

In Costa Rica, There IS sex in the champagne room. What there isn't is champagne. I sometimes have to explain to guys who I take to these places that the whole purpose of you taking her in that room is to fuck her. The US culture has drastically confused this concept.

As to the question I'm always asked, which one is the best. I always have to say that any answer I give you would be A. My opinion, and B. Will change in 2 weeks. Hookers are not the most stable employees. They tend to quit, get rehired, work somewhere else, or whatever. With the exception of the Pirate Club, these clubs shift from best to worst on a constant basis.

Here's a list and a brief description of the clubs I'm familiar with.

Let's get the clip joints out of the way first.

1. Hollywood: This place has been the scene of shoot outs and tons of violent confrontations. Stay away.

2. Tango India: If you want to go to an American strip club, but in Costa Rica, go here and take a lot of money. The girls on deck here are no better than Nicole's or Alcasar, just 10 times as much.

3. Elite: Same deal here, padded tabs and constant confrontation.

5. Lipstick: Across the street from Alcasar. Sometimes has nice talent. Five seconds after you enter, you're almost tackled and asked to buy drinks. This place pads your tab 100% of the time.

Legit Places:

1. Alcasar: I've always managed to see at least one or two really hot girls in this place. Accompanied by some ugly girls hitting you up for overpriced drinks. Never pulled. $70half hour.

2. Le Grillon: Le Grillon has historically had some pretty girls on staff. Rooms are simple, plastic couches. $12 entry, $36-20min/$62-40min

3. Nicole's: This place sometimes has some stunners, sometimes, not so much. $44-20min/$68hour. I've pulled 3 girls in this place, and never able to finish due to the crummy furniture and early knock.

4. Arcadas: Hit or miss, mostly miss. I've found some hot Nicas here. $4 cover comes with drink, $28hh/$50hour.

5. Pantera Rosa: This is a popular place among locals. Hit or miss with talent. $38hh/$64hour. Don't let a taxi walk you in. You're entry will be raised to fit his commission.

6. Pirate Club: More of a massage parlor with a bar than a strip club, but it's hours of operation put it in this category. Still prone to the hooker drama. Clean rooms, well kept facilities, moderate priced bar. $36hh/$50hour

7. Molina Rojo: This place is where you go when you want to go ghetto. An occasional cute girl goes in this place, but mostly hardened hags. $3 entry comes with drink. $22hh/$40hour. This place is FILTHY.

8. Monaco's: Usually the last stop. An occasional winner, and plenty of losers. $24hh/$42hour.

9. Margarita's: I've seen more ugly per square foot in this place than any place I've ever been to. Don't know the price.

Lifetime Member
    jonesie.. a couple years ago i went to this really expensive strip club about a 10-15 cab ride outside the center.. huge place, with a huge section of a 747 plane inside along with theme rooms like an egyptian theme.. What is the name of thay place?? It had i swear 40 of the hottest girls i have ever seen in my life!

Tango India, but the talent isn't what it once was. While I might not call it a clip joint, it is priced crazy, and from the moment you enter, to the moment you leave, you are being pressed hard to empty your pockets.

Much respect and the most gracious greeting to you, Jonesie!

Alright, so I'm kinda confused. Does Pirate Club rent out the rooms as per session or can you have it for one night?

Also, are the room rates and the girls seperate? Gonna get my bone on with all the right places thanks to your guides and everyone else's experience here!

Lifetime Member
    Last year it was per hour or half hour when I pulled one. It is an all inclusive price.

Basically, the way to tell you're in a clip joint is the over-whelming security presence. Those guys are not there for YOUR protection. They're there to intimidate you into paying for things you didn't order. Most of the legit places scale down the security because they're trying to cut costs and keep overhead down because they're trying to run a legit shop.

I rarely go to strip clubs, except in Eastern Europe, which is an entirely different story.

Anyways, just my limited experience within the past year at strip clubs in the San Jose area:

Pantera Rosa -- I have had some great experiences here. I go about 2 or 3 times a year. I saw one girl here about 3 years ago, then did not go back for 8 months. She immediately recognized me and came over and plopped right on the sofa next to me. I've seen her a couple of more times since then. A black girl with a light complexion that claims to be a CR native. We have always had a couple of drinks, then went to the back. No one has ever tried to clip me here. The girls' drinks are tiny and expensive, but you're really buying a lap dance. Lap dances are cool when you know it's going to lead to something else. On average, the girls have spent about 20 minutes per drink with me. There are usually plenty of girls on weekend nights, mostly 6's and 7's, with an occasional 8 and a rare 9. I hate rating girls like that, because everyone finds different girls attractive, but that's my take.

Lipstick -- I have been 3 or 4 times and have never been clipped here, either. However, it most certainly is a clip joint. I always go with a girlfriend that knows one of the bouncers, and she has even convinced me to run a tab (more on that later), and it was perfect, with no padding. If you go in as gringo tourist without a local at your side, you are definitely getting reamed. I have spoken to too many trustworthy sources for this to be a false claim.

I've been in a couple of others, but really didn't like any of them. Based on my limited experience, I would only recommend Pantera Rosa. Based on the experience of several friends that I consider trustworthy, Pirate Club seems to be pretty good too. As Jonesie mentioned before, it's kind of an MP by day, strip club by night kinda place.

My basic rules for strip clubs are pretty much the same as they are at any hooker place, Del Rey, Ley Largo, etc.

ONE: If you're in doubt, ask for the price when you order. Be especially wary of girls ordering drinks. If you hear them ordering Hypnotic or any of that other fancy crap, she's just trying to drive up your tab and get the barkeep extra servicio money, and probably gets a kickback or at least gains favor with the bar staff.

TWO: NEVER run a tab. Pay cash for every drink when it is delivered. I only broke this rule once in a strip club (see above), and the only places that I will run a tab these days is at places where I know the staff and absolutely, positively trust them not to pad my tab.

THREE: When I go to a place for the first time, or if I'm going to a very active place like Del Rey or Key Largo, I will usually greet the door security guy with a smile and a handshake, and hand him a rojo. You might not go from "Mark" to "Best Friend" with that one act, but it sure as hell takes them by surprise and breaks the ice with security. I can't even begin to count the bad situations this little act has gotten me out of.

Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1 View Post
    THREE: When I go to a place for the first time, or if I'm going to a very active place like Del Rey or Key Largo, I will usually greet the door security guy with a smile and a handshake, and hand him a rojo. You might not go from "Mark" to "Best Friend" with that one act, but it sure as hell takes them by surprise and breaks the ice with security. I can't even begin to count the bad situations this little act has gotten me out of.
    Trying to follow along here, by 'rojo' does that mean 'red'? So rojo = red = 1000 colon = $2. Did I get that right?

Lifetime Member
    I can't speak for Speedy1, but I usually hand security either a Red Bull (rojo?) or Maxx that I buy at AM-PM

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly1brd View Post
    Trying to follow along here, by 'rojo' does that mean 'red'? So rojo = red = 1000 colon = $2. Did I get that right?
    Yes. That is exactly right. Rojo is 1000 Colones bill. El Tiburon is a 2000 bill. The others have nicknames, but I rarely hear them.
    Last edited by Speedy1; 01-20-2014 at 08:11 PM.