Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Absent

Absent

Just a quick post in case anyone tries to reach me and I don't respond...

Health problems squashed my move to Colombia a couple of months ago, and now it's getting worse. I've handed off a bunch of my work to a colleague and am off to see the (hospital) wizard. It might be a week, it might be a year. Who knows? So, if I don't reply, it's not because I'm ignoring you. Hope to be back soon.

Get well soon Speedy. Always enjoy reading your posts !
    Tho I never comment, they are always informative and entertaining reads.

Best wishes for your health and a "speedy" recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by tommo55 View Post
    Best wishes for your health and a "speedy" recovery.
    Thanks, dude. This is the last day that Doc is allowing me to use the computer for a while. Round One begins tomorrow.

Not sure why my post never showed...get well soon ! Tho I never post here, it is always a pleasure reading your posts speedy. Always very informative.
    Quick and successful recovery !!

Lifetime Member
    dammit Speedy, hope you feel better. Please give us an update.

Well... This is the first time I've been allowed to use the computer in over a week.

Round One did not go well, but there's a long way to go yet. I'm in the USA now... not because I want to be there, but because that's where what I need is.

I only get 30 minutes online, so that's all for now. I'm back on the table on Monday. I'll post an update after that as soon as I can.

Lifetime Member
    Godspeed, Speedy, I hope all goes well.

Well, Round Two went better than the first. I'm actually out of the hospital for a week or so, and we're more optimistic than we were two weeks ago. This is the first time I've been allowed to use the computer in about 2 weeks.

However, I won't be coming back to Costa Rica, except to visit. Because I'll be off the job for at least three more months, my boss has handed over Costa Rica permanently to another guy. He's a cool dude, and he's had his eye on the Costa Rica position for some time. I told him about Ticaland, but I don't know if he'll visit or not as he's not really into the message board thing.

My payoff is that, assuming I get well eventually, I get to skip Cartagena altogether and move directly to my dream job with the company... sort of. My company is expanding the workforce in Brazil to include another executive position. I won't get to be the King of the Hill, but I will get to be the second in command, which is almost better in many ways. It's a much bigger operation than Costa Rica... the company actually has a an office... in an office building... with an ocean view. We're located in Vila Velha, which is a nightmare of a 7-hour drive from Rio, but only a 1-hour flight. The company has an airplane I can use, but that means I'll have to transfer my license to Brazil and learn Portuguese... you can't fly with just English if you're a Resident or Citizen.

I'll try to check back in when I get to Brazil. If anybody wants to visit, I can give out lots of info. Vila Velha is an awesome place to visit, although it's not touristy at all. Lots of major league Brasilianas that make Ticas and Colombianas look like a high-school junior-varsity team. ... and lots of beach for the girls to show off what they got.

Lifetime Member
    Best of luck!!