Thread: Best Advertising Campaign EVER

Best Advertising Campaign EVER

The Most Interesting Man in the World... The Dos Equis Beer Campaign... CLASSIC...

He once ran a marathon... Because it was on his way...

Sasquatch has taken a photograph... Of Him...

He is the life of parties... He has never attended...

He can speak French... In Russian...

He once had an awkward moment... Just to see how it feels...

His Charm is So Contagious... Vaccines have been created for it...

Alien Abductors have asked Him... To Probe Them...

When it is Raining... It is because He is thinking about something sad...

I fell in love with Dos Equis, after my short stay in a jail in Guadalajara. In fact, I returned every Thursday, after I was sprung, to play Canasta with some of the guards...

Even his enemies list him as their "Emergency Contact Number"...

He lives vicariously... Through himself...

His mother has a tattoo that reads... "Son"

At Museums... He's allowed to touch the art...

In a Past Life... He was himself...

If Opportunity Knocks... and He's not home... Opportunity Waits...

He gave his father "The Talk"...

He imagines Himself... In his own shoes...

He can "Smooth Talk"... In sign language...

Locals... Ask Him for directions...

Sharks have a week dedicated to Him...

If he were to mispronounce your name... You'd feel compelled to change it...

He skips the "First Date"...

He once gave a "Pep Talk" so compelling... Both teams Won...

His "Two Cents" is worth Thirty-Seven Dollars, and change...

It has Never been... "His Bad"...

When in Rome... They do as He does...

Cuba imports cigars from Him...

Mosquitoes refuse to bite Him... Purely out of respect...

The last time he flirted with Danger... Danger got "Clingy"...

His fortune cookies simply read... "Congratulations"...

He can slam a revolving door...

His only regret... Is not knowing what regret feels like...

The contents of his tacos... Refuse to fall from the shell...

If you were to see him walking a Chihuahua... It would still look Masculine...

He was never an inmate... But he did break into the prison from time-to-time, to say "Hello"...

He has collected artifacts from all Nine Continents... That's Right... Nine...

This guy -- Jonathan Goldsmith -- is actually a Jewish-American actor from Vermont. He beat out over 300 Latinos to represent the Dos Equis brand. How entirely fucked up is That?

This campaign cost Dos Equis practically nothing. Goldsmith had been in a few episodes of "Gunsmoke", and had filled out many other TV series in the 1960s through the 1980s... he was basically a stock TV actor. Euro RSCG/Havas Worldwide got the guy for a "song and a dance", so to speak. As I stated, he beat out over 300 Latinos with his fabricated, bearded, "Latino", James Bond-esque persona. Actually, the voice-over guy... the "Narrator"... for the ad campaign, is also a pasty-white gringo (Will Lyman) from Vermont. How funny is that?

Although both Goldsmith and Lyman were not paid much for the Dos Equis campaign, they both ended up being millionaires, due to the fame generated by the campaign and subsequent job offers. Goldman had a net worth of over $8 Million in 2012. Most of the actors in the commercials were non-speaking actors, and as such, were not protected by SAG-AFTRA (then AFTRA). Dos Equis is owned by Heineken. Havas and Heineken made hundreds of millions of dollars with this campaign, but most of the "actors" made about $20 - $40 per advertisement, although some of the girls that were "hugging up against" Goldsmith at the end of the commercials were reported to have been paid up to $60 per ad.
    Last edited by Speedy1; 08-26-2016 at 02:43 AM.

The Dos Equis "interesting man" ad campaign is a popular favorite. I enjoyed those commercials like so many. Sadly however, Heineken hijacked the concept from fans of the martial artist/actor, Chuck Norris. Back when the internet was young, Chuck Norris fans had a website where they formulated all these quips. Many fans would submit them to the website by the thousands. In fact, the website proprietor authored a book filled with the top selections of his heroic and mighty deeds from the many submissions he received. Chuck Norris himself when asked about this found it humorous and all in good fun.

And now you know the rest of the story...

"Stay thirsty my friends."