photo Mde Guide banner 480-60_zpskupewgxr.jpg

Thread: Recent crappy experience in San Jose

Lifetime Member

Recent crappy experience in San Jose

First a lot of this is my fault, my 10 trip to CR, took COPA out of Vegas, straight to Panama City then up to SJ. Copa was a nice flight, new planes, free food. So anyway take the redeye get into CR the next morning cab ride $25 bucks, they ask for $30, always negotiate. Stay at the Morazan, nothing fancy but fine for me with no chica fees. Head over to the Rey, not too busy but a bigger girl chats me up, very nice, giving me a great shoulder massage which feels great after the 6 hour plane ride, so she says, full massage, BBBJ, everything for $40.00. My cheapness got the best of me and I take her back to my place, actually everything was pretty good she was just FAT. So afterwards I am laughing to myself, you fly 3500 miles to have sex with a fatty! What the #@$%&!

Next day I need to rebound and find a real cute Colombian spinner. A lot of fun, great BBBJ and BB sex for only a little bit of time, I need to stop doing that, it happens more than you think and who knows what these girls might have? She was $80 and well worth it, a lot of fun and good sexo.

Next night, I am usually a one per day kind of guy, I find a cute Tica from Limon, I always try to be very clear about the fee, what it entails, no money upfront, etc. Get her to the room and she wants the money upfront and starts upselling me! We had already went through this and I do speak some Spanish and was very clear about my expectations for the $80, I thought? So this kind of BS always gets me pissed and out of the mood so I said get your clothes back on, no deal! Boy did her attitude change, she is pleading with me to have sex with her and even lowers the price! I am still out of the mood but she is not budging even stopping me from putting my clothes back on, finally I say the magic words, " I am going to call security" if you don't leave right now! Anyway, kicked her out and that night I had a zero.

Next day met a nice lady who had taken a 6 hour bus ride from outskirts of CR, nice personally and sex was good for $80. So 3 days into my trip I get Montezuma's revenge!! Crap! Really! Either I got it from a girl, drinking some tap water, eating at tico burger but this is the 2nd time! On my 9th trip I got it also! So I am pretty much out of commission for 2 days! Get the meds from the local pharmacy which is easy but just got to get it out my system!

So feeling better and had arranged a meet with a lady I have know for 3 years, great fun, beautiful tica, pussy so tight! So we had arranged everything on WHAT's APP, the day, time, where I am staying etc. I even bought her a necklace! SO, waiting waiting, no show! Give her a call, no answer, send an e-mail, nothing. So that puts me in a bad mood and now it's three days with no sex. ( I did hear from her when I got back home but the message didn't make any sense- delete!)

So I am in a funk, sometimes when I go to CR, I do meet ladies that give me the good feeling of companionship and sometimes I am looking for that when I should just be having fun with a lot of sexo. So long story short, I was there a week and only had sex 3 times! What the hell! Getting sick was no fun, be careful of what you eat and drink! Next trip probably to Jaco but won't be for a while. CR is great for newbies but being at the Rey after 10 visits, you do see the same girls and it sort of loses its appeal, just my opinion though, like I said I think I was in a funk. Happy travels

Lifetime Member
    I think you might benefit from exploring other venues than the del Rey.

And after 10 visits I'm surprised your bench had such lttle depth. My biggest problem is scheduling the chicas - if one doesn't show or is late I move on to the next one.

And next time you get the runs, get Lomotil from the farmacia (it's OTC in Costa Rica) and take the threaputic dose ("4 per day until control is achieved" and then you can reduce to 2 or even 1 per day until symptoms are gone). Even in Africa where I had dysentery-like symptoms, 2 per day initially and then 1 per day controlled symptoms (when I went, it was epic - but it was once a day and just 'urgent' not 'frantic emergency').

Lifetime Member

Thanks MM64

Thanks for the advice. Especially with the meds, yes I should have more of a bench, I like to be hunted by the girls so I try to get some new girls every time I visit which can be a challenge, some girls are good and some are bad, nice to know the good ones, I have a few others but I will heed your advice

Lifetime Member
    A few years ago I noticed that my stomach felt queezy after being in town a few days. It did not happen in prior years. I've narrowed it down to the drinking water in San Jose, although I was quite sure it was not a problem of the hotel's system. I mentioned this to a medical doctor and a dentist in Costa Rica over dinner and both agreed the water in and around San Jose has bacterial problems.

My problem may have been exacerbated by me typically drinking a glass of ice water after each alcohol drink. Once I changed to bottled water the problem ended. However, I also found a non-medical solution. At Mas o Menos I get a bottle of coconut water (agua de coco) and squeeze fresh lime into it. It really worked for me. "You put the lime in the coconut and then you drink it all up. You put the lime in the coconut and then you feel better. Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning. I said woo, woo."

Drinking tap water in Costa Rica is rarely a problem. In fact, it's usually higher-quality water than anywhere in the USA. The only problem is the typical problem in Costa Rica... Inconsistency. The water almost always comes from an exceptional source. It's the pipes along the way that will fuck you up.

I drink tap water all the time in Costa Rica, and have never had an issue with it. However, whenever I am visiting a location that is new... TO ME... I take the extra precaution of boiling water before I drink it or use it for any other "biological" purpose. Bottled water won't necessarily save you, although it usually does increase your odds of avoiding any "bugs." Brewing coffee or tea almost always eliminates any bio-hazards. Other than that, prepackaged sodas, colas, juices, etc. will usually keep you safe. Bottled water, in most places, is simply tap water with a label on it. Since tap (bottled) water is a "Natural" product, most countries don't require any controls, or only very minimal controls, over the condition, quality, and testing of the water.

EDIT: However, I should say that the professional advice which I have received is the same as that of Lennydo...

The water in the San Josť area is of questionable quality. Actually... it's not the water... it's the pipes.
    Last edited by Speedy1; 06-29-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Lifetime Member
    "The water in the San Josť area is of questionable quality. Actually... it's not the water... it's the pipes."

I worry that it's becoming similar to Flint Michigan. The pipes are in poor condition, the cisterns are getting older (mold?) and the water coming off the mountain streams picks up too much bad shit on the way to Central Valley. It's only in the recent 5 years that I've noticed the problem. Previously no issue drinking the water.

Lifetime Member
    I used to drink tap water in CR, and I drink only CR bottled water now but I still get the runs. I take down bottles of US water and that seems to clear me up.

photo CR Guide small_zpsev5xkuyu.jpg
    damn man that sounds really bad, thanks for sharing, hope your next trip goes better
    helping guys find the hottest girls around the world at http://guysnightlife.com