Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Jose May 26-31..

Lifetime Member

San Jose May 26-31..

Staying at Sleep Inn or Del Rey...not decided yet (have reservations)...pretty experienced monger (if i say so myself )..but mostly in SEA and Europe..first time heading to Costa Rica...would love a (or more) partners in crime...have applied to TicaLand subscription..but apparently it takes a couple of weeks for mail in subscription to process...

Be Safe..& have some fun
    SP

Lifetime Member
    Sleep Inn is not very Chica friendly.....I think the fee is $35.00....you might want to do La Amistad or Sportsmens Lodge. SL is a gathering spot for Ex-pats and mongers, easy to hook up with some running buddies.

Lifetime Member
    I will probably stay at HDR...just for the scene/experience. But more interested in MS/Casitas run. love having buddy/wingman...I will try out SL ..who knows some old familiar faces may show up

Lifetime Member
    Del Rey has a chica fee too....La Amistad doesn't and they have an all inclusive rate too. Meals, room, laundry...included in the price and it is a cheap cab fee to DR...like $2. I have heard the rooms at the DR are less than desirable, but your experience may vary. Just some tips from my reading. SL has girls on site too in the bar and again....cheap ride to DR and no chica fee. I can understand wanting to be in the action though, so have fun.

Lifetime Member
    There is a guy down there who gives walking city tours for a nominal fee. If you are interested in his info PM me and I will get it to you. He lives down there and knows all the best attractions.

Lifetime Member
    Thanks for the pointers Phalstaph..I must PMed you. BTW, La Amistad appears to be booked for the dates I am there...I dont really like changing hotels every other day during a short stay.
    Last edited by smthgrnthg; 05-14-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smthgrnthg View Post
    Thanks for the pointers Phalstaph..I must PMed you. BTW, La Amistad appears to be booked for the dates I am there...I dont really like changing hotels every other day during a short stay.
    That is certainly understandable. I wouldn't want to move around either.

I will probably stay at HDR...just for the scene/experience. But more interested in MS/Casitas run. love having buddy/wingman...I will try out SL ..who knows some old familiar faces may show up
    Based upon what you have posted so far... It DOES sound like the HDR is the venue that you are looking for. That is some HARD-CORE, STEELY-EYED, EXPERT-LEVEL MONGERING SHIT!!! And that's OK. If you're coming to Costa Rica to monger, you Definitely won't be disappointed with the HDR.

That's Just As Well...

Moving between La Amistad and HDR is like moving between a Monastery and a Frat House.

Quote Originally Posted by phalstaph2002 View Post
    Del Rey has a chica fee too....La Amistad doesn't and they have an all inclusive rate too. Meals, room, laundry...included in the price and it is a cheap cab fee to DR...like $2. I have heard the rooms at the DR are less than desirable, but your experience may vary. Just some tips from my reading. SL has girls on site too in the bar and again....cheap ride to DR and no chica fee. I can understand wanting to be in the action though, so have fun.
    HDR Definitely has a Chica fee. I had about a 20-minute face-to-face discussion with one of the HDR's owners one day. That was... For SURE... an Eye-Opening discussion. I would would have to say that Every Single Thing that the HDR Owner said was Absolutely, Positively True. I asked the owner about offering discounts for CRT, Ticaland, and other organizations or "clubs." The guy just chuckled and said... "This is the DEL REY, Dude!" We don't have to offer the customers One Single God-Damned Thing! The guys keep coming here, without any discounts whatsoever! We could stack Horse Shit Waist High at all of the entrance doors, and the Gringo tourists would just walk around it! At that point, I KNEW that I was on the losing end of the argument, so I just "Let It Go."