Yes, sports fans... there IS a way to get rich quick in Costa Rica. You only have to do TWO very simple things...

WORK HARD and KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

If you have a particular skill and/or knowledge in a particular area, then you can probably operate a successful business in Costa Rica.

Now... Here is how NOT to operate a business in Costa Rica...

"Hey! I've just moved to Costa Rica from the USA! I've never operated a Bar or a Hotel, but I Sure Would like to invest my Life Savings in a Bar or Hotel! It looks pretty easy!"

On the other hand, if you have experience in the hospitality industry, then you could do quite well with a bar, hotel, or restaurant in Costa Rica. The main point is: stick with your strengths. If you were a carpenter in the USA, then look to working with wood in Costa Rica. If you were a computer geek in the USA, then look to building computers or setting up wireless networks in Costa Rica. I just met 3 guys this week who were bound and determined to open a bar in Jacó. Huh? Not only is the competition fierce in Jacó, but these guys have never run a bar! Why does this situation keep coming up?