Thread: Tiger Keeper gets killed by Tiger...

Tiger Keeper gets killed by Tiger...

Well... here we go again... Steve Irwin copycats in action...

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/16/us...zoo/index.html

It's a WILD FUCKING ANIMAL, for God's Sake!

How many times have I mentioned this very subject on this very forum?

Oh, Look! It's a Wild Fucking Tiger! Maybe I should handle it...

NO!!! Jeezus the H. Fucking Christ! Is anybody listening?!

Ha, it's not nice to fool with mother nature. As cool as it would be to hug a tiger, I've passed the opportunity for what should be obvious reasons.

Cause of Death: Natural Selection

For those who haven't read my previous posts on this board...

I am active in animal rescue operations, especially regarding cats. I assist in the rescue of both feral and wild cats, as well as other animals.

That's why I don't understand how incidents like this one can happen. How does this happen? Ummm... Because the person didn't have protective clothing and a Stun Gun?

It doesn't matter how long you've known a tiger, how long it has been in captivity, or how experienced that you think you are in handling Tigers... if the Tiger gets a chance... it will maul the living shit out of you, and eat your loins for breakfast. It's an 800-Pound wild cat, and it DOES NOT like being kept in a cage. Even in legitimate rescue situations, you have to keep your distance. The cat doesn't understand why it's in a cage, even if you're trying to help it. If the cat gets a chance, it will definitely Fuck You Up! What part of "Wild Cat" do these idiots not understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesie View Post
    Ha, it's not nice to fool with mother nature. As cool as it would be to hug a tiger, I've passed the opportunity for what should be obvious reasons.

Cause of Death: Natural Selection

It takes Centuries... or even Millenia... for an animal to become domesticated. But some "Wizard" at a "Zoo" (and I already hate zoos) decides that he has figured it all out in less than 200 years? Gimme a Fuckin' Break!

I've debated this issue with people regarding Killer Whales for many years.

OK... We're agreed that, as members of the Dolphin family, Killer Whales are very intelligent... correct?

So, then... these Killer Whales realize that they're being held in captivity...

These Killer Whales are also -- instinctively -- some of the most advanced killers on Earth.

You didn't see this one a-comin'?

I absolutely LOVE cats. I've stated that many times on this board.

I've also stated this many times... but I'll say it again...

All Cats are designed to do only One Thing... To KILL.

Humans and Dogs are like Swiss Army Knives... We are highly adaptable, Jack-of-all-Trades creatures.

Cats are not like that at all. Cats don't think like humans and dogs, and they certainly don't act like humans and dogs. Cats only have one primary instinct... KILL. And that's exactly what they are built to do. Of course, each species of cat is built to do this in its own special way, but there's no doubt about it... cats kill. They do nothing else well. If dogs and humans are Swiss Army Knives, then Cats are Scalpels. This does give cats a specific weakness... they have poor defense mechanisms. The only effective defense that most cats have is to flee. When over 90% of your anatomy is built for offense, rapid escape is all that you have available for defense.

This reminds me, for some reason, of the often-quoted statistics regarding Cheetahs, as being the fastest land animals... which is True. However, there are a few caveats regarding those statistics...

First of all... In the wild, Cheetahs have been observed running significantly faster than they have ever run in man-made environments, such as zoos and so-called "wild animal parks." No animal is going to go all-out in a controlled environment, when it knows that it's going to be fed. I can assure you that 70 miles-per-hour is Child's Play for the average Cheetah.

Another fact that is rarely mentioned in the Cheetah's amazing maneuverability. So much is made of the Cheetah's speed that this fact is often overlooked. A typical Cheetah can go from running at over 70 mph in one direction to running at over 70 mph in the exact opposite direction in less than 1.5 seconds. Humankind hasn't built a car that can do THAT yet!

And... Just in case you missed it in one of my earlier posts... Even an average housecat can out-sprint Usain Bolt in the 100-meter dash.
    Last edited by Speedy1; 04-18-2016 at 01:43 AM.

Sorry to swerve off-topic, but...

Interesting couple of videos about the Cheetah and the Greyhound...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8vejjVgIHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc8Hno4M0Qs