Thread: Roll Call 4/13 - 4/18

Roll Call 4/13 - 4/18

Wow, hard to believe this section is so seldom used. Getting to SJO on the 13 th apr, then planning to head to Jaco for the first time, after seeing Arenal.. would be great to meet up with pps that know the lay of the land, or want a fellow to hunt with, drop a line. First round on me

Quote Originally Posted by Tictictoe View Post
    Wow, hard to believe this section is so seldom used. Getting to SJO on the 13 th apr, then planning to head to Jaco for the first time, after seeing Arenal.. would be great to meet up with pps that know the lay of the land, or want a fellow to hunt with, drop a line. First round on me
    That's a pretty decent plan for a first trip to Costa Rica. Arenal and Jacó are two of the major tourist "Hot Spots" in Costa Rica, although not as much so as in the past... especially for Jacó. Normally, I wouldn't recommend visiting both Arenal and Jacó on a Five-Night visit, but it can work. It helps that you're visiting after Spring Break and Semana Santa, which should mean reduced traffic and reduced delays at the airport (SJO) and on the roads. Don't count on Any significant hunting opportunities in the Arenal area, in the middle of April. However, Jacó should still be quite lively during this time. It sounds like you are spending at least a Saturday Night in Jacó, and possibly a Friday Night as well. Friday and Saturday Night in Jacó should give you a fairly decent array of options when it comes to hunting.

It's possible (about a 25% chance) that I will be in or near Jacó that weekend. If that becomes a certainty, I'll let you know, and take you up on the drink offer.

Ok

Cool, appreciate the info man.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1 View Post
    That's a pretty decent plan for a first trip to Costa Rica. Arenal and Jacó are two of the major tourist "Hot Spots" in Costa Rica, although not as much so as in the past... especially for Jacó. Normally, I wouldn't recommend visiting both Arenal and Jacó on a Five-Night visit, but it can work. It helps that you're visiting after Spring Break and Semana Santa, which should mean reduced traffic and reduced delays at the airport (SJO) and on the roads. Don't count on Any significant hunting opportunities in the Arenal area, in the middle of April. However, Jacó should still be quite lively during this time. It sounds like you are spending at least a Saturday Night in Jacó, and possibly a Friday Night as well. Friday and Saturday Night in Jacó should give you a fairly decent array of options when it comes to hunting.

It's possible (about a 25% chance) that I will be in or near Jacó that weekend. If that becomes a certainty, I'll let you know, and take you up on the drink offer.

Looks like I'm following a similar itinerary as you ..although 2 weeks before you. So, I'll be in Jaco on the first weekend in April.