Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuba Dave Arrest

Lifetime Member
    Where is that MF'er working now? Where does he hang out? How has his appearance changed?

tjaddict
    Is Dave still in jail?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenoOfCitium View Post
    Where is that MF'er working now? Where does he hang out? How has his appearance changed?
    Added a couple of pounds. More facial hair. I don't know where he hangs out, but he's pretty much just another Gulch Addict, in that regard.

I haven't seen him in person for a while, so that info is perishable.

A few? More like 100 minimum. Looks like a barrel. And a metro-sexual facial trim. Hangs out at SL or Jimmy Fugazi's place Zona II most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesie View Post
    A few? More like 100 minimum. Looks like a barrel. And a metro-sexual facial trim. Hangs out at SL or Jimmy Fugazi's place Zona II most of the time.
    I was trying to be gracious... but... yep...

maybe it was a politician trying to score points with constituents.i would be surprised if Bill or jimmy had anything to do with it, this is going to hurt them financially.the administrator 3 guy seems to be a shot in the dark, maybe he said something maybe not,ultimately i think the blame comes down on the Costa Rica government.they decided to arrest and throw in jail a 65 year old american that was on holiday and for what?posting pictures of some massage parlor girl on his dopey website.the CR government can go F themselves,ill spend my disposable income some wear else, there not the only third world shit hole on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by josecatdog View Post
    maybe it was a politician trying to score points with constituents.i would be surprised if Bill or jimmy had anything to do with it, this is going to hurt them financially.the administrator 3 guy seems to be a shot in the dark, maybe he said something maybe not,ultimately i think the blame comes down on the Costa Rica government.they decided to arrest and throw in jail a 65 year old american that was on holiday and for what?posting pictures of some massage parlor girl on his dopey website.the CR government can go F themselves,ill spend my disposable income some wear else, there not the only third world shit hole on the block.

With no disrespect intended, the Costa Rican government bears VERY LITTLE of the blame in this incident, if you understand how the Costa Rican justice system works. The Costa Rican government doesn't WANT to arrest anyone like this guy... they simply do so because they are told to do so. So... are we talking about an individual within the Costa Rican government? That's possible. Are we talking about a "Squeaky Wheel" that has the ear of the Costa Rican government? Also possible. We COULD also be talking about a mass of citizenry who have just "Had Enough" of one person's Ego. That also happens in Costa Rica. Although I admit that it's unlikely in this case, that does happen in Costa Rica.

The Costa Rican government does what it is told to do... although it is not entirely free of corruption. It's a refreshing change from the decades that I spent in the USA. For better or for worse, the individual in Costa Rica can, quite surprisingly, issue several "spur-of-the-moment" orders to the Police and to the government.

i would be surprised if Bill or jimmy had anything to do with it, this is going to hurt them financially

That's exactly what I said! If anybody approaches Bill or Jimmy about this and (God forbid) asks, "Do you have an Alibi?" They would both answer, "Hmmm... An Alibi?... Well... Let me Think..."

"Why in the FUCK of ALL FUCK would I NARC on Cubadave? I run a successful bar/hotel in downtown that caters to Gringo Mongers. Now... Since you're obviously Too Retarded to understand this for yourself, allow me to explain...

"Cubadave does nothing except draw potential customers to this area. He does absolutely nothing to implicate me and my business in any kind of illegal activity. For all practical purposes, Cubadave is Free Advertising. So... Let me ask YOU... WHY in the WORLD would I NARC on a guy that does nothing other than draw in Free Business?"
    Last edited by Speedy1; 09-15-2015 at 02:43 AM.

http://keysnews.com/node/69647 Strecker said the authorities were tipped off by an anonymous source. He believes that source is a former business associate who helped operate some of his websites or blogs who double-crossed him to avoid prosecution. The Citizen could not reach Costa Rican authorities and has no way to substantiate that allegation. hey speedy who is Cubadave talking about here?

http://keysnews.com/node/69647 Strecker said the authorities were tipped off by an anonymous source. He believes that source is a former business associate who helped operate some of his websites or blogs who double-crossed him to avoid prosecution. The Citizen could not reach Costa Rican authorities and has no way to substantiate that allegation. hey speedy who is Cubadave talking about here?

Jonesie feels pretty strongly that he knows who the guy is. I don't personally know the guy, but that would be someone who has collaborated with Cubadave in the past. They must have had a "falling-out", eh?

Whoever it is, he is probably not going to be confessing publicly anytime soon. Regardless of whether or not you like Cubadave, a Gringo who Narcs on a Gringo monger is going to instantly be ostracized from the Gringo monger community. Everyone is going to be concerned that they'll be the next target of his Junior-High-School Tattletale tactics. Such a guy would be completely untrustworthy.

If Cubadave's arrest DOES end up having a backlash against the Gringo monger community -- which I doubt that it will -- it is NOT Cubadave's fault. It is the fault of the Rat who Narc'ed on Cubadave. The Narc is the one responsible for any additional unwanted attention from the cops.

I still don't get "tipped off by an anonymous source". Tipped off about what, exactly? That's my concern. Everybody and their brother can easily find out when a certain person is entering or leaving Costa Rica. All that a cop at OIJ has to do is type in a search for "Cubadave" (I mean his real name -- I don't like posting anyone's real name on the board, unless it's absolutely necessary), and a list of every flight that he's booked on will pop up on the computer screen, almost instantly.

I think that by "tipped off", what is really meant is "forced the OIJ's hand". Somebody bitched to the OIJ in such a manner that the OIJ was forced to say, "Well, we can't just sit around and ignore Cubadave now -- We've gotta do SOMETHING!" So rather than tracking him down, the OIJ just typed his name into a computer and it popped up "Cubadave is scheduled to depart SJO on This Date at This Time, on XXX Airlines, Flight #12345", and then the OIJ just waited for him to show up for his flight.