Thread: Retaurants that will cook your catch

Retaurants that will cook your catch

I would have searched the history, but it seems I don't have the privileges set up.

Any dining recommendations in Jaco or Los Seunos where they will cook your catch? I'm staying at a condo with a full kitchen and pantry so a relatively creative preparation beyond a simple dusting of salt and pepper would be ideal.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gringo212 View Post
    I would have searched the history, but it seems I don't have the privileges set up.

Any dining recommendations in Jaco or Los Seunos where they will cook your catch? I'm staying at a condo with a full kitchen and pantry so a relatively creative preparation beyond a simple dusting of salt and pepper would be ideal.

thanks.
    I'm back from Jaco and sad to say we never got around to fishing though I met a guys at the Cocal who recommended Mavericks charters. As far as the food goes, I realized breakfast is NOT a big deal in Jaco and perhaps CR at large, at least not by my nyc standards where every short order cook knows hows to whip up eggs, over easy. That said the eggs at the Cocal were excellently prepared either in my huevos rancheros or the gringo breakfast. Either way you cannot beat a $13 meal steps away from your bed.

Other Jaco restaurants of note:

Graffiti - the best of the bunch according to my group. The coffee and cocao encrusted ternderloin was a winner. Priced ~$50 USD with one drink.
    Amancio's - pizza made with san marzano tomatoes and a combination of cheeses. Well balanced and the chef/owner is striaght from Roma, Italy. Fuggedaboutit
    Taco Bar - ended up being our first meal in Jaco and satisfied our hunger but I wasn't particularly wow'd and of course it was an outdoor setting so -1 for no A/C.
    Pizza Hut - pretty much tastes the same the world around.

I'll add a separate trip report later on that covers the more pertinent information of the trip but I'll just say, this site was a well of information.