Thread: Cubadave with a Spring Update for San Jose

Cubadave with a Spring Update for San Jose

You can find more of Dave's adventures at http://www.cubadave.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3FHjFzd0Xc

All good stuff, as usual.

Cubadave knows what he's talking about.

We don't have the same Opinion about a couple of things, but that doesn't mean that either of us is wrong.

1) I am not a huge fan of Spirit airlines, but they are cheap. The SJO airport was closed for a little over a day, as Cubadave stated. I am not a huge fan of travel insurance. First of all, it might not cover you against something like a volcano eruption, although the really good, all-encompassing insurance will cover you. Also, travel insurance is not going to get your airline to get you out any faster. Most issues of this kind can be solved without travel insurance. For the most part, you need to be able to absorb a delay. If a volcano erupts and the airport shuts down, nobody is going to miracle you out of anywhere.

2) I like the orange taxis. They're not the cheapest option, but they are the most efficient. Any time that a passenger exits the terminal, an orange taxi is ready to go. $35 is a bit pricey for a downtown ride. I paid $26 once, which is the most I ever paid, to the Sportsmens Lodge.

-----------

Regarding Scores and the business license...

Yes... In Costa Rica... When you buy a business, you buy its debt and its obligations. If you buy a business, you owe its back taxes and all of its license violation fees, unless you can get a good Costa Rican lawyer to "clean that up" for you.