Thread: Lemon Zest Jaco

Lemon Zest Jaco

Located on the Jaco strip, Lemon Zest is a unique restaurant opened by a group looking to work some of the time, and surf some of the time.

The head chef, Mr. Lemon (thatís his real name), is from the Bahamas and uses modified family recipes in what he calls the culinary infusion process. His previous resume includes apprenticeship at La Vielle Maison in Boca Raton, and as chef at several of South Floridaís finer dining establishments.

Lemon Zest

What makes Lemon Zest so unique in such a great way is that many of the delicious dishes you will find there are unique to this restaurant and canít be found anywhere else.

Open for dinner only to accommodate an active surf schedule, Lemon Zest stands out as one of the best restaurants in Costa Rica.

My group and I ate there recently and were simply dazzled at the level of culinary competence and artistic creations we were treated to. The items we enjoyed included a Canadian duck in a Sweet and Sour blackberry sauce that thoroughly impressed us. The service was great, and the waiter very attentive and offered great suggestions to our group of clueless cuisine goers.

Lemon Zest Inside

The restaurant only has seating for 40 people, so reservations are highly suggested. They open at six in the evening, and close more or less around ten.

Lemon Zest is for the romantic couple, or the group of pals looking to have a great meal after a day of adventuring. It is family friendly, and even delivers to the surrounding community as far as Herradura or Los Suenos. The portions are substantial, so bring your appetite.

Lifetime Member
    ate here one time, thought I had a reservation but the lady at my hotel called and only left a message which they did not receive, our party of 2 was still graciously seated. The food was excellent , presentation was excellent, prices were comparable to stateside fine dining.