Thread: jaco 10-20- 10 26 and 12-5-128

Lifetime Member

jaco 10-20- 10 26 and 12-5-128

2 excellent trips to cocal with plenty of action on all nights
    I have been a 1 woman man on my last 3 trips
    suggestions joses crocodile tour amancios Italian restaurant orange pub and monkey bar all great times and prices monkey $10 shot of patron
    sunrise across from monkey for coffee and breakfast
    latest trip 10;30 in morning 10 girls at cocal bar 7 very pretty....jaco definitely place to be

Lifetime Member
    I really enjoyed Jaco, sure it is hot, hey the beach is not Hawaii but it is kick back, good food, nice scenery, good entertainment and the women!! I like the option of being able to see the ladies in San Jose, sure the City is a dump but hanging out at the Del Rey and Key Largo is still a good time. So I go back in forth or one trip there and one trip here. It was so funny, I did tell friends and co-workers that I was going to Costa Rica, and of course all I did was get laid every day, but when I got back people would ask me about the volcanos, rainforests, zip lines,.. I haven't done any of that shit!!

I find Jaco to be almost unbearably hot during the daytime, and the direct sunlight is downright dangerous for fair-skinned people like me.

However, Jaco is undoubtedly the best party destination in Costa Rica -- in my opinion, anyway. Those looking for a good vacation are rarely disappointed. You don't even have to be a monger or a drinker, for that matter, although Jaco is very well suited for the monger and the drinker. There are always lots of people, lots of fun, and lots of beach. This small town is completely set up for the tourist industry -- even better than Manuel Antonio, in my opinion. There are plenty of hotels, plenty of bars, plenty of girls, and plenty of entertainment. And we are just now rolling into high season.

A few notes:

Several hotels are already sold out on major dates for the peak of high season -- at least for online reservations. It's best to book your rooms now, if you have not already. Rooms can usually be found at the last minute, but they are often not what you're looking for. A telephone call can sometimes snag a room for a hotel that is "sold out" online. Many Jaco hotels don't rent rooms for only one night on the weekend. You may need to rent a room for Friday AND Saturday night, or possibly even for 3 nights.

Tourist season also means "tourist scam" season. There are plenty of opportunists out there. Don't pay inflated rates, and beware of people hawking tours on the street. Some of them are legit -- But, how do you know? It's best to ask your hotel reception about trusted tour companies.

Outright theft is also a problem. A private or rental car in Jaco is just begging for a break-in. Many hotels have secure parking. Your best bet is to drive into Jaco, park your car in the secure lot at your hotel, get all of your stuff out of the car, lock it, and forget about it until it is time to leave Jaco. You can walk or take a very short taxi ride to anywhere in Jaco, and it's worth it. Driving in Jaco in high season can be a real nightmare.

Other than the vehicle issue, nonviolent crime is a big "industry" in Costa Rica. Violent crime in CR is quite low, especially for those who stay outside of the wrong areas and keep their noses out of other people's business. However, theft and pick-pocketing is quite common. A clueless tourist who lets his guard down is an easy target for thieves and robbers. Even folks who have lived in CR for a while let their guards down and can get suckered by a wily thief. Stay alert, stay sharp, stay in safe areas, stay in tourist areas, stay off the beach at night, and stay with a buddy or in a group, if possible.

As far as the girls go, it helps to have a witness. I know a couple of guys who will even explain to the security guards or reception the exact details of their agreement with a girl, before they take her back to their room. Now, that's some hard-core paranoid, brash shit... right there. But... it does eliminate any doubts. If you bring a girl to your room, have everything except what you're going to pay her locked up. That includes not only money... but also notebook computers, cellphones, passports, etc.

The Tourist Police are usually out in force in Jaco during the high season. That's a good thing. The Tourist Police are there to help and watch out for Gringo tourists, not to bust their balls. On the other hand, they will bust your balls if you're being an ass. If you need a bit of help, don't be afraid to approach them. They are usually happy to help -- that's part of their job.

Lifetime Member
    a side note in 8 trips to jaco(cocal) I had the junior suite a couple of times poolside rooms and this last trip a parking lot room on 2nd floor.
    I know poolside rooms are talked about (I have 1 booked my next trip)but in the future its the suite or a 2nd floor parking lot room if available....much less noise in both suite has balcony which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by trifectabox View Post
    a side note in 8 trips to jaco(cocal) I had the junior suite a couple of times poolside rooms and this last trip a parking lot room on 2nd floor.
    I know poolside rooms are talked about (I have 1 booked my next trip)but in the future its the suite or a 2nd floor parking lot room if available....much less noise in both suite has balcony which is nice.
    The poolside rooms are Wonderful! But you're absolutely right... They are also the most noisy. Those parking lot rooms are the most insulated from the Pool/Bar area. Even the Oceanfront rooms get some noise.

Vista Mar, in my opinion, has the best rooms (condos) -- good views and quiet. However, you need one or two other guys to split expenses with, or they are expensive.