Thread: Even though you meet them at the Dey Rey, they can be special

Lifetime Member

Even though you meet them at the Dey Rey, they can be special

I am a big Hawaii fan and have been many times. I heard about Costa Rica and when I looked into it I found out more about prositution being legal. At the time I was living in Reno, so I have visited the ranches and been many times to Vegas. Hey I love sexy women, slutty, what ever you want to call it. I have had a great time being with many ladies the usual way and being married for many years (divorced now) but as I got older, I am 56 now, I still wanted to experience that feeling I felt when I was younger. WOW, Costa Rica is the place to go. My first visit I stayed at the Sleep Inn and went to the Dey Rey and Key Largo and was overwhelmed! Had a lady every night for $60, 80 or 100 a night. Usually over an hour or so. On my third trip, I was at the Rey during the day and this time staying at the Morazon where there is no chica fee and the most beautiful women in the world approached me. We really hit it off and had great sex, BBBJ and even unprotected sex, I know it was stupid but she said she was clean and she doesn't come to the Rey often, just for companionship. I had one more day at the Rey and we had said our goodbyes, I wanted to see her again but I wasn't sure. Sure enough she calls me the next morning at my Hotel Room and says she wants to see me again. I said great and meet her the next day. When I met her she had a little bag and I said hey what is that for? She says she is staying the night with me. So I ask, how much! She says nothing! I called you! WOW. We have stayed in touch and email often, she is very special and I am not going to marry her or anything and she never asked me for any money. It was just a nice a experience with a great lady. Even though she was at the Rey, I will never forget her.

As long as your emotions don't lead you into irrational decisions, it's awesome.

I have always said this: You can find a few real Gems at the HDR, SL, Relax, etc. Good girls who understand the biz and are really trying to find good guys that they can feel safe with, have a good time with, and who will give them a reliable steady stream of income. Most girls don't get that.

Just don't expect it, and don't see it when it's not there.

Sounds like you ran into some good fortune. It does happen occasionally.

Now for "Part 2":

I thought I'd let my more optimistic "Part 1" sink in first. These things DO happen at the Hotel Del Rey and other gulch venues. They are RARE.

Dancer21 may have found a keeper -- that prize many of us have looked for and seldom found -- a genuinely honest girl that is looking to make ends meet while having a good time and feeling safe and secure doing just that. I sincerely hope that's true.

Here comes the pessimist in me:

1) Don't ever for a moment believe that a girl you meet in HDR is a "regular girl". She never will be, and that can be OK.

-----------------------

A quote from the original post:

2) "she said she ... doesn't come to the Rey often, just for companionship"

She's lying. No girl in the history of the HDR has ever truthfully made that statement -- ever.

------------------

3) Never forget at any "working girl" venue, and especially at a "ground zero" venue filled with working girls, like HDR -- there are many different types of girls working there. The mercenaries, the girls trying to make the rent, the drug addicts, the thrill-seekers, the power-trippers, the truly hopeless, the "at-the-end-of-their rope" desperate types, the psychos, the businesswomen, the sex addicts, the "girlfriend for a price" types, etc.

I'm not saying it's impossible. It's entirely possible to fall in love and live a full and happy life with a girl from the HDR -- live with her until you or she dies of old age. It can happen. It's extremely unlikely. No girl or guy ever went into the HDR actually looking for their soul-mate or true companionship. If it happens, it's completely unexpected. My guess is that this girl was one of the crazies or one of the hopeless/desperate types.

What I'm trying to say is... If you meet a girl like this in HDR, continue with her as long as you're enjoying it, along with a healthy attitude of skepticism bordering on paranoia. Don't be surprised to hear those words... "If I can't have you, then NO GIRL can have you!" [knife stabbing, blood gushing, etc.]

If you maintain that attitude, and she does turn out to be a real keeper (and it IS possible), then I'm jealous.

Lifetime Member
    Hey Speedy, just trying to let the guys know that there are good Costa Rica Women out there. We had a real connection and at the time, it was special for me. I did come back to CR and I saw her again but the connection was not as strong, I had been gone for 7 months! With that said, I would never try to have a relationship with a tica unless I lived in CR. Even then it would be on a part time basis. The ladies are wonderful and so beautiful, but long term would be a challenge. Not saying it can't happen but for me I would love to move to Florida, get the cheap airfair and see ladies that I would never have a chance with in the States unless I was the SUGAR DADDY of all time. CR makes you feel like you are much younger than you really are! Even though $ is involved, it isn't is the same way with regular dating! How much money do I need to spend in the states to have sex with a lady my age which sometimes can be hard to look at, I would rather take that $300 and go to CR.

I totally agree. There are plenty of good girls in Costa Rica. Good Latina-cultured girls with amazingly sexy bodies that are fiery-hot in bed and as sweet as an angel at the restaurant. Even a few of the "working girls", at the Del Rey and other gulch venues -- are decent, hard-working, honest, genuine, pleasant, happy girls.

It certainly is possible to have a "connection" with a working girl in San Jose. There is an extremely slim chance that it is a real, non-working-girl connection. However, there is also another type of "connection" that is easy to misinterpret. A working girl will suddenly "connect" with you, because she understands that the business is what it is, but she has also decided that you are not the typical "let's go get some ass" gringo tourist at Del Rey that is loud, crass, and disrespectful to pretty much every Tica, Tico, Nica, Colombiana, Non-Gringo that he meets. If you're in the Del Rey, simply not being loud and obnoxious, and saying "please" and "thank you" to the bartenders and the security guys -- automatically elevates you to the status of being in the top 5% of the Nicest and Coolest Gringos that they have ever met. If you treat a working girl in the Del Rey with that same kind of respect, and she's the right kind of girl, after only one trip to the bedroom you'll be on her speed-dial and you'll have her real name and phone number.

Of course the mercenaries, druggies, and prima-donnas will always be who they are. You are most likely not going to run into a "good girl" on Friday night at 11 p.m. I have run into most of my winners at the Del Rey between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday - Friday. 4 of the all-time "Superstars" from the Sportsmens Lodge have chilled out at my apartment and slept over -- even when no sex was involved. I've been in bed with 3 of the 4, but the relationship is just not on that level anymore. They are decent, honest girls who just want to have a good time with good friends. Many of our Friday and Saturday evenings have started with a phone call where she says, "As soon as I get $100, I'll get out of here and come over to your place. Do you have any Tequila, or do you need me to bring some?" Sometimes I end up in bed with one or two or three of them, and sometimes I don't. Sometimes 4 or 5 girls are dancing around my apartment naked, spilling Tequila that is sure to be a sticky, smelly mess on the floor in the morning. It's good people having good times together.

And the point is: I'm not bragging here. There's nothing special about me. By simply being a decent human being, like most of the guys at the bar in the Del Rey are NOT, you've moved yourself into the "PRIME Repeat Customer, Cool Guy, Fun to Be With, Potential Friend" category. After just two visits (sometimes even only one visit) to Costa Rica, you will have several girls at all of the haunts that you have chosen to frequent -- Girls that will see you the moment that you walk through the door, that will rush to be the first to greet you, give you a big bear hug, start negotiating an "off-campus" deal or possibly a long-term, multiple-day 24-hours-per-day deal, threatening and scaring away all of the other girls that get within 2 meters of you. A few of those girls will be mercenaries, protecting their business interests. But some of them will be genuine girls who really like you. It is still business -- after all, they ARE all working girls -- but she considers you a friend in a not-quite-a-friend working-girl kind of way. She's thinking, "If I have to be alone, naked, and vulnerable in a room with a guy to make $100, I'd rather be with Jim. Jim is a great guy that treats me right. He's not rich, but he's fair with his money, and he treats me like a real person. I'm working, that's true, but I have a great time with Jim. Hell! I'll go with Jim for $60 before I go with that asshole Juan for $100!"

Here's a story similar to Dancer 21's, just to show that if the time and place are right, and the stars align, a "connection" with a working girl can happen. This story is from about 6 or 7 years ago. I did not live in Costa Rica at the time, but I was visiting CR about once per month, usually for between 3 and 7 days per trip. I did not have my apartment in San Jose at the time, and I was staying in Gulch hotels on every trip. I usually stayed at the SL, although sometimes at what was then Boner Blue or Castillo, back when Castillo actually had a small bar crowd in the evening. By the way, Castillo's central courtyard garden with the bar at the back is the most visually pleasing bar hangout in the gulch, and the open-air feeling is awesome. The crowd that used to hang out there at sunset and a couple of the bartenders were also awesome. The fact that the Castillo garden bar is now shut off from the outside Gulch world is just a crying shame.

Anyway, when I was in CR, I was usually staying at the SL, and even if I wasn't staying there, I spent a part of every day hanging out at the SL bar, at least between about Noon and 4:00 p.m. I first visited CR 13 years ago, and at this point in time I had been visiting CR regularly for about 4 years, spending most of my time in the gulch, using SL as a "Home Base." Pretty much every girl that went into SL, HDR, or Key Largo on a regular basis knew who I was, even if they did not know me personally. I had gotten the "Bang 3 hot girls that I have never seen before on a daily basis" hard-core mongering drive out of my system about 2 years prior. My basic reputation with the girls was, "Don't bother with the 'Fresh Off the Turnip Truck Gringo' hard-sell tactics. Just go up and say Hello, try to look your sexiest, smile, and rub up on Speedy for about 1 or 2 minutes. If he likes you and he's in the mood, 2 minutes is the maximum amount of time that will pass before he drags you back to his bedroom. Any longer than that, and he either doesn't like you or he's just not in the mood." Aside from that, I was generally thought to be a fair, generous but not overly-generous guy. I was thought to be clean, kind, respectful -- the girls felt safe with me and they told the other girls. They also knew that if I really clicked with a girl, I would be fairly regular with her -- and, of course, they all knew that I was in town once a month. I had mixed reviews on my bedroom technique, but there were at least a few girls that thought I was pretty awesome in bed. I was considered a halfway-decent prize as a regular customer.

Well, that setup took forever -- sorry about that.

Anyway, I'm having a Beer or 12 at the SL one afternoon, shooting pool with one of the expat regulars, and one of my longtime "girlfriends" comes walking into the back bar area where the pool table is, from somewhere in the front of the hotel. I thought this was kind of odd, as this girl, at the time, was one of the "Superstars" that only appeared at SL on Friday or Saturday evening, and was usually snapped up by some guy within 10 minutes of walking in the front door. This was mid-afternoon on a weekday, and I could tell she was upset -- almost in tears. I went up to her, gave her a nice hug, and asked, "Sweetie, what's wrong? Are you OK?" She explained that she had spent the night with a guy staying in a courtyard room near the front of the hotel. They were hanging out in the room, when all of a sudden he decided to take a trip down to Jaco for a couple of days. The guy paid her for the night, kicked her out of the room, and then took off for Jaco. Now, that is all perfectly fine, although the guy was a little abrupt and rude. However, when the girl went to reception to get change for the $100 bill that the guy gave her, reception wouldn't take the bill. It was crumpled, ripped a little bit, and had some graffiti on it as well. As she was at reception, wondering what to do, that was when the guy came out of his room, heading for his cab waiting out front, going to Jaco. When she asked him for a replacement bill, the guy said "Not My Problem", got in the cab, and left.

The poor girl is almost crying in my arms, thinking she's been stiffed for $100, by a guy that is starting to sound like a bit of a jerk, after this all-star girl had spent all night with the guy and had stayed until after Noon the next day. I ask to see the bill. Yeah... It looks like shit. No business or bank in CR would ever accept it. However, I inspect it, and it is absolutely a legit bill -- it's just badly disfigured in a few places. No problem exchanging that in the USA -- and I did, with no problems, about one week later. I fold it and put it in my right pocket, then reach into my left pocket and peel off Five ₡10K bills and a couple of smaller bills (whatever was equal to $100 at the time), and hand it to her. She gave me the biggest, warmest smile a girl can give, a big hug, and a sultry "Thank You!" Coming from a 9+ like this girl, that had me sporting wood within 2 seconds. She said, "Thank You!" again, then told me that she had not intended to spend the whole night with a guy, much less stay until mid-afternoon, and had to rush home immediately. We said good-bye, and she darted out the front door of the hotel.

When I turned around, my pool partner was staring at me with his jaw hanging down. "Goddamn! Who in the hell was that little supermodel fine piece of ass?!" I told him it was 'Angie' (names have been changed to protect the guilty), and if he was interested, he should just show up on any Friday or Saturday evening, and catch her quickly before someone else does. He said, "You bet I will! She's obviously in love with you, you lucky dog!" [just a monger-style joke about "being in love" from him] I said, "Yeah!", laughed, and we continued with our pool game.

About 2 or 3 hours later, I'm just sitting at the bar getting sloshed, doing 30 seconds of chit-chat with each girl that enters the hotel and recognizes me, and generally chatting with the bartenders when they are looking bored. The bar phone rings, as it does about a dozen times every hour. One of the bartenders answers the phone, then turns to look at me and says, "It's for you, Speedy." Odd. I rarely get calls on the house telephone at SL. I walk behind the bar and say "Hello" to the phone. It's Angie. She's still gushing "Thank You's" at me and asking what I have planned for the evening. I say, "Nothing, really." Then she asks how long I am in town and if I have any plans for the entire stay. I answer, "3 more nights, and no real plans at all." She then says, "Would you like me to stay with you until you leave town?" When I start to politely explain that I'm not sure I can afford a girl like her for 3 whole nights, she just tells me to shut up and not worry about the money. She promises to be at the SL bar in 2 hours.

About 2 hours after that conversation (no Tico Time in this instance), Angie comes prancing through the front door of the SL, and you could hear the metaphorical needle scratching across the vinyl album, as everyone in the SL instantly stopped whatever they had been doing and eye-fucked Angie as she pranced from the front door all the way to the back of the bar, like a well-trained show-pony. She looked like a magazine cover, and was towing a small roll-aboard suitcase behind her. Of course, it was all a pre-planned show, specifically for my benefit. By the time she was standing in front of me, wearing a huge smile and about 8 square inches of clothing, I was aroused, embarrassed, and confused -- all at the same time.

All I could say was, "Wow!" She leaned in and kissed me, then said, "Help me take my bag to your room. I am going to pamper you so good and fuck you so good for the next 3 days, that no other girl will ever mean anything to you!" She wasn't lying. I felt like the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi from that moment until the moment that I walked into the airport terminal 3 days later.

There are good girls in CR. Even some of the working girls are very good people. Don't actually fall in love, at least not unless you are living in CR full-time. But they are out there. Just be a decent human being, and you will surely meet a few of them.
    Last edited by Speedy1; 07-28-2014 at 05:52 AM.

I thought of another angle on the "Good Girl" story. With this one, it is VERY RARE that the guys pick up on the opportunity. It also takes some tact and a bit of luck. But, when you're in CR and dealing with working girls, it's not too difficult to make this situation work to your advantage. I have done it 4 or 5 times, and I'm not socially adept.

You're looking for a hot girl that you've been with before. If you try this with a girl that you've never met before or never taken to your room before, it won't work.

She's hot, and she has a sister, cousin, or a friend. Well... a lot of the really hot girls will try to help their sisters, cousins, and friends. Here comes the "bait-and-switch" 3-way. The hottie that you've been with 2 or 3 times will introduce you to her sister, friend, or cousin at the bar. First, she'll try to get you to start buying drinks. I do usually buy one drink and give the girl a nice welcome, but after that I am done. You'll get the sob story from the hottie, who is doing ALL of the talking, that her friend is in a really bad position financially, and she's trying to help her friend out. Well, that part is usually true. You glance over hottie's shoulder, and her ugly friend is half-smiling at you, looking for a score.

This is where the rubber meets the road. You have to stand your ground and realize what is happening. You must always be polite and cordial, and never refer to her friend as ugly. Your main girl will be trying to get you to take the girl to your room, and inevitably the offer of a "Lesbian Show" or "3-Way" will be mentioned. It's a trap. You'll be getting a BJ from the ugly girl while your hottie regular girl is texting her other friends on her smartphone. In a frank, but polite, brutal honesty way, whenever #1 proposes taking "Ugly" back to the room for a "lesbian show" or whatever, put on your best tact and tell her that you do not find her friend attractive, but you do want to help. Your #1 will be very disappointed. She really wants to help her friend.

That's when you say, "Do you have any other friends that we can have fun with?" She'll possibly get offended, but she'll also think about it. While she's thinking and griping, start talking about how much you want to help, but that you also want to feel like you're not being used and are enjoying yourself. When you feel the time is right, say something like, "Look... I want to help out your friend, but she is really not my type, and I'm not a millionaire." At this point, if you're lucky, your girl will start proposing alternate situations. After all this banter, when you feel the time is right, just say, "Look, sweetie. I know you want to help your friend, and so do I. But she is really not my type. But if you can get 2 more of your friends over here that you know I WOULD like, I'll take care of all 4 of you girls." Be very specific that you expect all of the girls, including #1, to be fully involved in the 4-way or 5-way, because that's what it's going to take if she really wants to help her friend.

What makes this work is that your #1 probably does not find her ugly friend attractive either. But now you've invited her to bring 1 or 2 of her hot friends that she really does click with along for the ride. And you'll be helping ALL of the girls out. #1 knows that "Ugly" is probably not going to pull more than $50 under any circumstances, and, of course, it's not fair to give the other girls any more than that in her presence. You get a nice session with 3 hotties for $200 or less, and you're the "Saint of the Day" for helping out her ugly friend. That's the kind of day that you remember as you're falling asleep at 11 p.m. that night, thinking, "Today was a GOOD Day!"
    Last edited by Speedy1; 07-28-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Your main girl will be trying to get you to take the girl to your room, and inevitably the offer of a "Lesbian Show" or "3-Way" will be mentioned. It's a trap. You'll be getting a BJ from the ugly girl while your hottie regular girl is texting her other friends on her smartphone.
    This made me think of something else...

If you are going to be a regular on the San Jose Gulch scene, you absolutely want to avoid losing face with the girls. Every little mistake that you make -- every little naive "Stupid American" move that you pull, will be on the Chica News Circuit within one hour after it has occurred. That is Press and Gossip that you DO NOT WANT if you are going to be a Gulch Regular. But everyone does make those mistakes at some point. I have made my fair share of "Clueless Gringo" mistakes, that's for sure. It's a part of the learning process. No one is perfect -- and some of these girls are freakin' PhD Mercenary Sharks!

Don't blame yourself, don't kick yourself in the butt over it. It's water under the bridge. You can't un-ring that bell. However, you can twist the situation to gain a little favor and karma from it. Just 2 years after I started visiting Costa Rica, I fell victim to the exact trap that I described above. I got stuck in my hotel room with 2 girls -- the ugly girl giving me a plain-vanilla BJ, and the other girl, fully clothed, texting someone on her smartphone. And I'm out $160. I was super-pissed, but I negotiated myself right into that situation. However, although I was still a newbie in the mongering world, I had already learned a few things. Also -- not trying to brag -- I am a pretty sharp cookie with a sharp wit and a fast mind. So, while Ugly is finishing me off, my mind is racing for a solution to this situation that makes me look like the savvy one. Clearly I'm not -- I got duped. But, how can I MANIPULATE the situation so that it ends in my favor?

I finally got it! Ugly finishes me off, and the two girls go to the bathroom to shower and dress back up for the next victim. When the two girls come out of the bathroom and are ready to leave, I hand each of them, individually, their $80, smile, say "Thank You!", then escort them out of my room and close the door. I sit down on the bed and start the timer on my watch. 18 seconds. "Knock Knock Knock." I open the door. It's the hot girl. She shows me the $80 I gave her. Her ugly girlfriend is standing behind her, showing me the exact same $80... AND... her $70 tip. Total of $150 for Ugly. Hot girl asks me what's up. I tell her that I agreed to $80 per girl, and she got her $80. She, of course, says that I gave her friend another $70. I say, "Yes, I did give her an extra $70. So?" Then, she steps right into the trap and asks why I only gave her the $80, and $0 extra. I say, "Because you 2 girls promised me a Lesbian Show and a REAL 3-way. But when we got to my room, you were on your cellphone the entire time. Your friend at least gave me a decent blowjob, so I tipped her $70."

I heard some buzz from the regular girls in the SL about that one. I got some good karma from it. The girls were basically telling each other, "Don't fuck with Speedy if you want a Sweet Tip. He'll tip you good if you do what you say, but he won't tip you a penny if you try to screw him."

To this very day, when I see the hot girl from that pair, I always say "I don't believe you" to her, no matter what she promises me. I have heard the regular girls tell the new girls: "She fucked Speedy over one time. He'll never go with her again." It is kind of unfair to her, but I do need one girl to be an example, and she drew the short straw. I'll never go to my room with her -- it's principle.
    Last edited by Speedy1; 07-28-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Lifetime Member
    Speedy those are great stories, Question though I am looking to do two girls this next trip. Do you think I can or should I just stay solo uno. I remember the first time I was there I had a bartender from SL and her "girlfriend" approach me at KL about a lesbian encounter. The SL girl still works there, I would love to try her out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer21 View Post
    Speedy those are great stories, Question though I am looking to do two girls this next trip. Do you think I can or should I just stay solo uno. I remember the first time I was there I had a bartender from SL and her "girlfriend" approach me at KL about a lesbian encounter. The SL girl still works there, I would love to try her out.
    There are a lot girls who scam guys into a 3-way that turns out to not be a 3-way at all. In my opinion, the most important thing is to only try this with a girl that you have known for a while and have been with a few times. Don't force the situation on her or try to pick the 2nd girl yourself. Get her to recommend the second girl or ask her what she thinks about a 3-way with a girl that you know to be good friends with her. Be very specific about what you expect. If at any time the girls seem uncomfortable with the situation, it might not be the best idea.

Two girls that approach you together are almost always a bad idea. If you really are familiar with at least one of the girls, it might be OK. Proceed with caution.

A lot of working girls are lesbians, but not too many of them are bisexual. There are not many 2-girl matches that really get into the whole 3-way thing. Finding girls ONLY for a lesbian show is considerably easier, but the scams are still out there. If they're not into guys at all, they are often not into performing in front of guys either.

Which girl at the SL? You should probably PM me about that instead of posting it on the board, if you want.