Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chica Friendly Hotels

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1 View Post
    Roughly 90% of the reviews on TripAdvisor, for hotels in Costa Rica, are fake. I'm sure that it's the same in many other countries. .
    I don't know much about TripAdvisor, but I would believe they have many fake good ratings for hotels that are not good. I did not know people made a living writing fake reviews for hotels, but I do know people do this for Amazon books and products. I know you can buy positive reviews for any product or book you want to sell on Amazon. I know a guy that has created 1000 reviews of books and products, so I am assuming he does it for money because he's a writer a has little other income. Because I believe many of the positive book or product reviews are fake, I usually only read the negative or average reviews to see what people didn't like. So is there a good site to get reviews about hotels or travel?

Thanks for posting this thread. I will be making my first visit to Jaco Beach next month. Do you have any info if any of the following hotels are Chica friendly?
    If there is anything wrong with them? Are they near the action? Thank you for your help.
    Hotel El Paraiso Escondido
    Hotel Buddha House Hostel
    Apartotel Flamboyant
    Blue Palm Hotel
    Cadillac Rock Beach Hotel

As I have said many times, I am kind of out of the "Mongering Loop." However, I will do my best to respond to your inquiry shortly. Hopefully, more learned individuals will also chime in on this issue. I do know that Cadillac Rock is monger/chica friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnson2 View Post
    I don't know much about TripAdvisor, but I would believe they have many fake good ratings for hotels that are not good. I did not know people made a living writing fake reviews for hotels, but I do know people do this for Amazon books and products. I know you can buy positive reviews for any product or book you want to sell on Amazon. I know a guy that has created 1000 reviews of books and products, so I am assuming he does it for money because he's a writer a has little other income. Because I believe many of the positive book or product reviews are fake, I usually only read the negative or average reviews to see what people didn't like. So is there a good site to get reviews about hotels or travel?
    The Vast Majority of reviews on TripAdvisor are fake. I'm not a Rat, so I won't "Name Names", but a very prominent member of this very board (Ticaland.com) makes a good deal of money by posting fake reviews on TripAdvisor. I don't even blame him... TripAdvisor set themselves up for this, a long time ago. I'm actually happy for and proud of the guys who take advantage of the TripAdvisor (TA) system. After all... somebody might as well do it...

Do you think that TA really gives a shit that most of their reviews are fake? Every time that someone claims that TA reviews are fake, thousands of TA Drones come to the rescue, proclaiming how "awesome" TA is. TA's typical response is "We don't see any need to change anything." I wouldn't either, if I were TA. I think that TA is a Fuckin' GENIUS! TA has convinced the entire world that the tripe it sells is God's Own Gospel! We ARE, after all, talking about the same TA that had 2 black guys selling Margaritas on the beach, as a primary photo representing the Sportsmens Lodge, right here in downtown San Josť, on the TA website, for over 3 years. There are WAY too many retards in the world for TA to fail.
    Last edited by Speedy1; 04-10-2016 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnson2 View Post
    So is there a good site to get reviews about hotels or travel?

Not really... No...

The only truism regarding this issue, which no traveler on Planet Earth will ever admit, is that Real Reviews require a Professional's Opinion and Evaluation.

Just in case you still doubt...

This is one of my Favorite TripAdvisor stories...

First... Check out this link...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._San_Jose.html

This is Hotel Little Havana (HLH), which resulted from an expansion of the old Zona Blue into the adjacent building. At least 3 years ago, due to a disagreement with one of the owners (of the building), HLH split into Scores and Zona II (Z2). Scores lasted about one year, then suddenly collapsed. Z2 has had its struggles, but has managed to survive.

At least 2 years ago, I wrote a report on TripAdvisor (TA) which stated all of these facts, including the most important fact... HLH no longer exists. After a bit of email banter, TA finally sent me an email that said, "TA cannot declare that a venue has closed, unless the owner of that venue personally notifies us." I wrote back, "But... It's closed. There is no owner, because... it's closed." In response, TA sent me exactly the same form letter. Wow...

Any info if this hotel is chica friendly Hotel Buddha House?

ekismet
    I was talking to a Tico friend in Alajuela who wants to go to Jaco with me to monger. Probably next week. He suggests that we stay at the Amapola. Any 411 on this place?