Thread: "The Wingman" - Essential Ingredient, or Cockblocking Nuisance?

Lifetime Member

"The Wingman" - Essential Ingredient, or Cockblocking Nuisance?

I think a night on the town with a friend (or several) more often than not becomes a drinkfest & the emphasis is taken off the quest for companionship. Not that finding that special someone can't or doesn't happen...it just tends to shift the priorities. For me personally, when I'm seriously out on the prowl, I think I prefer to go solo. I'm making all the venue choices & there are no distractions from my goal. A single wingman is fine, provided he's experienced, and has the same goal in mind for the evening. There must mutually be no qualms with either you or him peeling off when the crucial moment strikes. Also, a good wingman must be able to deal with all problems that may arise on his own...nothing says buzzkill like a wingman who drags you into some drama with his choice of companionship. (Damn, I think we could create a "How to be a good Wingman bible" out of this )

Anyhow...What say you?

Lifetime Member
    Agreed. While I would not have a problem with a wingman who had the same agenda as I did, I have always gone solo. I usually get caught up in the chase, and would not want to be tied down.

Having said that, I might welcome the opportunity to compare notes the next day.

Lifetime Member
    I like to hang out with the other gringos for beers, but it is always more fun to go solo and compare notes later.

There are many shades of mongers. I myself love the camaraderie of like minded guys to share this adventure with. While I've met some strange guys over the years, most guys I've met have been a pleasure to know. Some of my closest friends have come from sites like this one.

I certainly understand the strictly business approach, but for me, there's nothing more fun than seeing the monger world through the eyes of a newbie. Nothing beats walking into the Del Rey/Cocal/La Cecelia/Face 2/et al... and seeing the smile on a rookie's face when he realizes he can have sex with any girl there.

I just noticed this thread. I know it's an old thread, but I've experimented with the "wingman" concept more than a few times.

First of all, it's a totally different concept in the mongering world, but it can work. Here a few tactics/observations:
    (note: I am not quoting any particular amounts or recommending any particular places -- these are based upon personal experiences or hypothetical examples)

1) My opinion, forget any advantage of using this tactic in a strictly mongering location. It's usually better just to go it alone. A guy alone in a monger joint sends a very clear message that he's waiting for something to happen -- something involving at least one female and some cash. 2 guys together are often difficult to approach, unless 2 girls are working together. Still, 1 guy usually has better odds than 2 guys together. However...

--> exception to rule #1) A group of guys (the best seems to be about 4 - 6 guys) can walk into a monger joint that has plenty of girls. This only works in freelancer locations that have plenty of girls present (HDR, SL sometimes, etc.). Sit down at a table together and start ordering drinks. Nothing flagrant. The biggest mistakes most groups make here is they start flashing too much cash. Order some beers or well drinks and above all, laugh and talk and act like "the boys" are having a fun night out together. It should take less than 2 or 3 minutes for a nice flock of chicas to start swarming the table like buzzards around a warren of starving rabbits. They'll inevitably ask what's going on, are you looking for company? Just be relaxed and cheerful, and say, "Yeah, we all are -- maybe -- just depends on what turns up." Buy them each a beer or simple drink -- watch out for those insanely expensive shots they always try to order, but remain cheerful. If that group of girls isn't quite right, don't worry, plenty more will come by. You'll have the hottest girls in the whole place waiting in line to meet you. When everybody in your group has picked their own target out of the herd , somebody should throw out something like, "I tell you what. What if the 4 of us (or 6 of us) each take one of you girls back to our rooms for a bit. How does $XX sound?" Say it loud enough for the other girls around to hear it. In the unlikely event that your group turns down the opportunity to make at least $200 or $300 just like that, you'll be mercilessly attacked by the next round of hotties who heard what happened.

1) Got any Tico friends? They'll usually be happy to help you. Just make sure that you're not just "using" him -- that's not cool. But a real friend sitting with you at a bar is like wearing "Sex Panther" cologne... 60% of the time, it works every time. Works better in non-hard-core places. Maybe Chubbs downtown, but mostly places at least a little bit away from the gulch. I scored some major Karma at Multicolor, and wasn't even trying. In places like HDR and SL, the girls see a guy with a Tico as probably being influenced by his spending habits -- $30 for a girl, maximum.

2) Wingwoman. Only for non-monger joints. Girls go ape-shit for a guy who already has a girlfriend, especially a hot girlfriend. This is multiplied by 10 times what you're used to in the USA, when you're in Latin America. If your "girlfriend" (really just a friend) is on-board with the plan, you are golden. You should both be acting like "second or third date" kind of people. Smiling, laughing, but go easy on the flirting. Maybe just a few shy grins or maybe a little "Peck" on the lips. Your "bait" should take a phone call or head to the restroom about once every 15 or 20 minutes. If your waitress/bartender doesn't start flirting with you while your "girlfriend" is in the loo, start with some friendly, "What's your name?" or "How long have you been working here?" kind of stuff. If she's still around when your "girlfriend" comes back, don't look embarrassed. Just kind of smile at the waitress and then your "girlfriend." --> "We're all just friends here." <-- That's the message you want to convey. If the question, "Is that your girlfriend?" ever comes up, just say, "Well, we've been on a couple of dates, but she's not really my girlfriend. She's a really cool girl. Maybe we'll see where it goes, I guess."

Guys, I promise you, if the waitress has shown any interest in you at all, you have a new girlfriend. If a Latina asked you if your friend is your girlfriend, trust me, that's a sure sign that she's so wet for you that she can hardly contain herself. Remember, non-monger places only -- this is for guys who seriously are looking for potential girlfriends. Keep in mind that you're using an age-old tactic of girls being attracted to guys that other hot girls "have." It's a primal instinct of, "If he has a girl like that, he MUST have something going on." When that effect wears off (usually within a couple of weeks), you'll know if you have a girl worth pursuing more seriously. In the meantime, what's wrong with a little friendly sex among friends?
    Last edited by Speedy1; 06-02-2014 at 05:38 AM.

Insomnia again. Lotta stuff going on in Ukraine and I am worried sleepless about my friends there.

So, anyway... This thread reminds of a discussion that I've had with several friends over the years. It's a discussion that's happened in many different countries and cultures, but mostly I'm just thinking about Costa Rica right now.

Wingman, Wingwoman. It's all about tactics and understanding what is attractive to the opposite sex. Trust me, I'm no expert in that field, and I have certainly made some bonehead errors in dealing with women over the years. However, as I mentioned in my previous post, the "Wingwoman" concept is almost fail-safe when attempting to attract women. OK, but that was about relationship and girlfriend stuff. Now, I'm talking about monger stuff...

One thing that I have definitely noticed is that women are just as clueless about men as men are about women. In the real-life dating game, men are the pursuers, and they frequently approach women incorrectly and generally have no clue what women want. Myself included, although I've learned enough to be mildly successful. In the mongering world, the girls have to do a bit of the pursuing. Many men still try to be the aggressor, but the girls do have to make more effort. Personally, if I'm spending money on the girl, she has to approach me -- otherwise, I'm not interested.

So... what tactics do girls use to attract guys? Well, much as guys do, most women use tactics that simply don't work. You go into the SL or HDR, and the girls are all there. The girls are all leaning against the walls or playing with their cellphones. They tend to hang out in groups -- not always, but quite often. They are meticulous about their appearance -- hair, makeup, clothes, shoes, plastic bits, etc. In other words, they are concentrating on the stuff that men don't give a shit about. We do the same thing -- we give the girls exactly what they don't want.

I swear, if I were a pimp here in Costa Rica, I could be a millionaire. Too bad it's illegal. Hell... I wouldn't even call it pimping, I'd call it "coaching." More times than I can count, a girl I've known for a long time has come up to me at the bar looking sad. I ask, "What's wrong?" and the girl says, "No business. I've been here for 6 hours and no business." I look around and say, "I don't see why. Plenty of guys here, and I can tell that most of them are ready for a girl." Then, I inevitably fall into the same conversation with the girl:

1) I can look at every guy in the joint, and tell you if he's ready to go with a girl or not. Most of them are. A few don't see anything they like, but I can pick out... let's see... oh, at least 10 guys that already have one or more girls in mind and are just waiting for a "trigger" to convince them to go with a girl.

2) One of the most intimidating things to a guy is a girl sitting with one or more other girls. It is terrifying for a guy to approach a girl that looks like she's just talking with a friend. When you do that, you're killing most of your potential business. Yeah, some guys don't mind, but most do mind. I know it's boring sometimes, and there's nothing wrong with a brief chat with your girlfriends. But, are you here to work or to chat with your friends? Keep it brief and light, and at least keep looking around and smiling. A deep conversation with another girl scares off almost all of the guys.

3) Put the damn cellphone away. Jesus -- You girls just all sit in the corner, stand against a wall, or sit at a table, and just bang away on your cellphones sending text messages. It's like it's a huge depression-inducing prison sentence for you to even be here in the bar/hotel.

4) Don't fiddle with your dress/makeup/hair in the bar/hotel. Go to the restroom for that. I'm not sure exactly why, but it just sends a bad vibe out to guys when you're staring into a mirror. However, there are exceptions to this rule. When you make eye contact with a guy, don't be afraid to twirl or stroke your hair a little, or hike up your dress or skirt a little -- maintain eye contact and smile a little.

5) Pretty much what I see in all of the regular haunts is that most of the girls come in, sit around like zombies and wait for the guys to approach them. Well, guys can do that at any bar, anywhere in the world. They're looking for something different. And forget about the old half-hearted "flyby". That's even worse. "Hi, what's your name? Would you like some company? BJ? Good Sex?" I'm like, "Can I get fries with that?" HUGE turn-off.

------------------------------

So, with a few girls that I consider friends, I've done some coaching. Most have agreed that it works very well for them. Once again, I am NO pimp. I'm just helping friends -- they don't give me money.

1) When you first enter a place, just walk slowly towards the bar or a table, but not a table against the wall, and definitely not one in a corner. Do it slowly and look around as you walk. Smile at everyone, even the girls. Take mental notes on every guy that you see. Most will smile back. Remember the ones that look and smile the longest. Pick a seat in the field of vision of as many as you can. Keep making brief eye contact with those guys. Any of them that return your glance more than once or twice are ready to go -- I guarantee it. Now... you just have to sell it...

2) I ask the girl, "What is your job?" Usually she doesn't understand or kind of looks confused. I say, "Why are you here in this bar? What is it that you want to do here?" She will then answer, "Oh! I understand. I'm a working girl. I have sex for money." I say, "NO! Wrong answer. Any girl in the world can have sex for money. Any guy in here can go back to his room and have sex with his right hand for free. So... I ask you again... What is your job?" Then the girl looks really confused... This is the point that most of these girls do not get, and will probably never get... I say, "You are an actress. You are giving the guy a fantasy for one or two hours, or all night, or whatever. If you can just understand that it's not real, that you are just trying to really make him believe that you are his girlfriend for that one hour, he'll have the time of his life and he'll be begging to take you to his room every time he sees you. Find 10 or 15 guys like that, and within a month you'll be the envy of every girl in here, because none of them get it. Now, put away your cellphone. That guy over there has looked at you at least 4 or 5 times. What would you do if you were in a regular bar, and the hottest guy you've ever seen kept staring at you? Go sell it. And sell it in his room, too, because he's taking you to his room, I promise." Sure enough, he didn't even waste time buying her a drink. They disappeared for 2 hours.

3) I noticed a long time ago that not many girls showed up at the bars when it was raining hard outside all afternoon. I had talked with a few of the girls about this, and basically they don't want to come out in the rain and ruin their dresses, shoes, hair, etc. I told one of the girls one day that they were missing a golden opportunity because they don't understand what guys want. I asked her, "Do you have a white dress?" She said, "Yes." I said, "OK. It's supposed to rain again all day tomorrow too. There are plenty of guys in town. Come in tomorrow wearing your white dress, and bring a long coat. Do you have a trench coat, or any long coat?" She answered, "Yes." I said, "Good. Bring that with you. I'll be here tomorrow. Don't come in until the afternoon, when it's raining. Call me when you get here. If it's not raining yet, we'll go have lunch or something. But... call me outside the hotel, while you're still in the taxi. DO NOT come inside. I will meet you outside."

Next day, it is pouring rain, and she calls me from outside. I go outside and meet her, with an umbrella, and she gets out of the taxi. She starts running towards the hotel entrance. I say, "Whoa! We're not going inside the hotel yet." I motion her away from the hotel entrance, and tell her, "If you trust me, you're about to make your first hour of business within 5 minutes of walking into the hotel." She says, "OK."

"Alright, just trust me. Take off the coat, and hand it to me. Now, step out into the rain in that white dress for a couple of minutes."

She got soaked. The dress was sticking to her, see-through all over, hair soaked and matted down, makeup all running, etc.

"OK, that's enough. Put the coat back on or security will never let you inside. Just look sad at security. They'll think you accidentally got caught in the rain."

We get past security. Then I stop her, just prior to entering the bar.

"Alright, here's the deal. I just checked out the bar. There's about 10 guys there waiting to see any girls that show up. Loosen up the coat a bit so that most of your dress shows. Alright, my little actress... You are a nasty little gutter-slut that just walked in from living on the street in the pouring rain. Your hair is soaked, we can all see through your dress, and your makeup is running down all over your face. I guarantee that out of 10 guys, at least one of them is into that. Now walk slowly to the bar, and the first guy that drops his jaw at you, just walk up to him and say, "I'm all wet..."

That took every bit of 30 seconds, and they were in the room for 3 hours.
    Last edited by Speedy1; 06-02-2014 at 06:36 AM.

Lifetime Member
    As always, genius. Keep them coming Speedy, we appreciate your posts.