Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Woodall - 2013 Player Hater of the Year

Daniel Woodall - 2013 Player Hater of the Year

Some of you know Dan Woodall, some of you only know him as Admin3/Don Carlos on CRT, and a few other usernames around the internet. His resume includes Moderator of CRT, owner of latintravelvip, and contributor to costaricantimes.

My feelings for Dan are a mix of contempt and pity. Part of me knows that he's a damaged soul who never got over the playground bullying and is trying to fill that endless hole in his character by lashing out at those he envies. Part of me doesn't give a shit why he's barking up my tree, just that he's barking up my tree. I have a gay little brother, and have seen how persistent childhood abuse leads to feelings of not belonging and resentment at society in it's current form. This doesn't mean the crap he pulls is acceptable, just that I know where it comes from.

Most recently, he mentioned me in an article he wrote for his online blog. Not that he's ever been burdened with fact checking, but he skipped it altogether for this one.

So here's the deal. I overstayed my 90 day tourist visa by a month. At the same time, unknown to me, Dan was calling immigration on a daily basis, sending them to my old apartment in the gulch with who knows what kind of complaint. I got the idea it would be a good idea to get current and do my visa run to the states. So I went to Florida to do my visa run. When I returned, I was informed that because of my overstaying my visa, I could voluntarily stay out of the country for double the time I was over, or I could enter, and attend an immigration hearing, where the least I would get was a warning, and the most I would get was a 5 year ban from Costa Rica. Obviously, I chose the 60 day option. I was given a document that listed December 7th as the earliest date of return. I signed it.

But none of this is a secret: http://www.ticaland.com/showthread.p...in-Immigracion

I will mention, that sitting out a 60 day exile in Medellin is hardly the harsh hand of justice...

What makes me an easy target for guys like Dan, is that I stand still long enough to get hit with criticism. Jonesie is the only name I use on the internet, or in life for that matter. I'm easy to find because I don't hide, and I generally speak my mind. That bothers people like Dan. Who confuses me with the guys who took his lunch money.

Think what you want of Dan, but going forward, you'll at least know who you're talking to.

Lifetime Member
    ha, Im not going to fan the flames
    but I did met this guy shortly after meeting you, somehow me being a member here sparked some unwanted conversation with him
    down at the SML he is an odd duck for sure, I dont understand the politics behind all this but having hanging out with you for the afternoon vs
    talking to him for 45 mins it was apparent to see he had some hard agenda against you

you wanted to show us a good time, I was out with a member of his board and all he wanted to do was talk about this site
    haha, you figure with all the fun to be had down in SJ it just be words in the wind

Vegas Jeff
    "Among the recently deported undesirables is the author of the website ticaland.com. Immigration police spent several days, visiting known residences and the businesses identified as sponsors on the website. The author of the site, alias Jonsie disappeared from Costa Rica within a week of becoming a person of interest among immigration authorities. Since his departure the website dedicated to Costa Rica has switched focus to Colombia, in particular Medellín.

Those who follow the news in Costa Rica could see the writing on the wall for Jonesie, a perpetual tourist lacking authorization to live or work in Costa Rica, and just going through the motions to renew a 90 day tourist visa." - Quote from the article

Unreal!! Jonesie, this is a personal attack. He writes in the way of describing a serious criminal on America's Most Wanted. Even the way he describes you as a "perpetual tourist". There are tons of foreigners "going through the motions, lacking authorization to live or work in Costa Rica". For you newbies headed to Costa Rica or other Latin Countries for extended stays do as you like. Don't break the laws and get caught or piss too many people off and you will be fine. Jonesie, hopefully you can organized and over to Medellin more often and get away from all that riff raff in San Jose. GL

It's not my fault Dan doesn't fit in. I didn't teach him his social skills, and I didn't give him that lisp and make him dress and walk the way he does. But as he's mentioned me repeatedly under different usernames, I feel the need to mention him.

God knows why he has a hard on for this site. And we're only a third of the pie. Imagine what a hissy fit he'll throw if we take a majority...

Lifetime Member
    I must say the guy is an idiot and is obviously hating!!

hank
    Is this guy also BILKO?

I seriously doubt it. Bilko is a writer, Dan runs a gossip column.

cubabound
    I posted a reply to the thread in CRT about jonesie and they banned me....small minds, can't even take a little critisim let alone some active discussion

PS...Dan Woodall is absolutely not Bilko

Ha, this has to be the most proactive player hating I've seen in a while. Robert from the mansion asked me who that asshole was who was sending him emails about me.

I'm going to follow up with an article about the principles of crt early in the week. A little info some of you would find interesting. But it's late, banging a couple girls a day makes me tired. Will have to wait.

Petty little hate machine... Had to refer a DMCA claim from him to legal (dad).

If Dan took some of the time he spends player hating, and spent it learning some of technical skills he claims to have, he'd be telling the truth. The amount of energy he expends telling people all the ways he can snitch them out could be spent doing or becoming something more than what he is. He'd probably be able to make a decent living, maybe even get laid.