PDA

View Full Version : Jacó and the Shift in Tourist Traffic

Speedy1
04-03-2016, 03:35 AM
I went on a brief scouting trip to Jacó yesterday (Saturday, April 2). I spent about 6 hours in Jacó, and worked up a few interim reports on major venues in Jacó.

Just as I was about to leave Jacó and return to San José, a long-time contact in Jacó physically ran up to the van, and frantically knocked on the window. My driver lowered the window, but before it was even 2 inches open, my contact shoved a 2-page document through the gap, exclaiming "Read! Read!" I said, "Calm down there, scooter! Relax... I'll read it."

I read the first 3 or 4 lines of the document, which took less than 10 seconds. Then... my jaw dropped, and I looked up at the guy, and said, "No... Fucking... Way..."

He just nodded, quickly, many times. I said, "I'll read the rest of this, and call you in the morning."

This is going to sound like a huge cock-tease, I know, but I can't give you the details of that document. However, I can tell you this...

Major players are looking to get OUT of Jacó... ASAP. Major venues in Jacó are going up for sale within the next month or two. Based on what I have seen so far, there is some kind of imminent mass exodus approaching Jacó.

I have not yet done any true research regarding this news, but I already have a strong suspicion...

This, combined with the recent interest in Playa Hermosa, indicates to me that the Gringo traffic is tired of "slumming it" in Jacó, and is heading to Playa Hermosa.

Rickter48
04-08-2016, 07:39 AM
So you think it's a good plan to schedule a trip to playa hermosa instead of jaco this summer or fall?

Speedy1
04-08-2016, 01:10 PM
The problem is that Playa Hermosa has none of the tourism infrastructure of Jacó. The businesses of Jacó will still be there, but you'll have to drive or catch a ride to use them.

pokerplayer17
11-20-2016, 11:39 AM
my guess is this did not come true. I was in Jaco labor day weekend, business as usual except the Monkey Bar closed.... no loss.

BigusDicus
12-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Any follow up Speedy?