PDA

View Full Version : The Saga of the Hotel Del Rey

Speedy1
10-24-2015, 10:06 PM
I hate to say "I Told You So"... but...

The information that I am getting says that Key Largo is practically dead, and that the HDR is suffering greatly.

In a post that I made a few months ago, I mentioned that the HDR's lack of support for the mongering community might eventually bite it in the ass. Is Now that time? I don't know... but confidence is building, every day. I've been involved with the service, travel, and hospitality industries for decades. HDR has had a good run, but if there is one universal constant in the service industry, it is that if you ignore your patrons, they have no loyalty. HDR has refused to support CRTitanicitanicitanic and other travel organizations for years, and it has continuously charged a "chica fee" for guys who take girls to their rooms. Now... the chickens have come home to roost. HDR is floundering, and it's only a matter of time before the HDR makes some drastic changes, folds, or puts itself on the auction block.

This could all have been avoided with a little bit of customer service and compassion. Was it Greed? Indifference? I don't know for sure. What I do know is that someone completely lost touch with the downtown mongering crowd, and now it's biting them in the ass. What most of these "Gringo Gulch" hotel/restaurant/bar owners and operators don't know... or don't Want to know... is that this is the Very Best Year that Costa Rica has ever seen! There are so many tourists visiting Costa Rica, even right now, during the Low Season, that I am completely Swamped. The Liberia airport can't get planes "turned around" fast enough to make space for the airliners that are right behind them. There is such a demand for rooms in Guanacaste that Starwood, Occidental, and other companies cannot build them fast enough.

I hear A LOT of complaints about the lack of working girls in the Gulch. Well... there are more girls on the job than ever... they are just not working in the Gulch. Tons of girls who used to work in San Josť have abandoned that ship, and are now working in Jaco or Guanacaste. There are more guys, and the money is better. I have made several posts on this very board about the working girls who have moved from San Josť to Guanacaste.

I Say Again... There are more working girls in Costa Rica than there have ever been, and they have the best business that they have ever had... Right Now.

I won't name names... but I know of a few guys on CRTitanic who constantly post about how they don't pay for girls. Ask them where their girls are, now. I know of at least one long-time CRTitanic member/expat who lost his girl to a Canadian tourist who impregnated his girl and disappeared. Now... that CRTitanic member has to see his ex-girlfriend, who has a baby with a Gringo tourist, working at the SL 5 days per week. I know of another CRTitanic member who is a frequent visitor that believes that a Tica is in love with him... He has No Clue.

To the guys who are still traveling to San Josť and staying in the Gulch, I would simply say... "You're being outmaneuvered by guys in other locations who are 'Better Customers', in the eyes of the working girls. You don't have to like it, and you don't have to think that it is logical, but that is the way that it is."

Rickter48
03-18-2016, 01:48 PM
Speedy, where in guanacaste are the working gals hanging out? Is there a ground zero like the HDL in San Jose or the Cocal in Jaco?
Planning on my annual trip to San Jose and Jaco but might be tempted to go to Guanacaste if indeed the action is plentiful.

Speedy1
03-19-2016, 09:50 AM
Speedy, where in guanacaste are the working gals hanging out? Is there a ground zero like the HDL in San Jose or the Cocal in Jaco?
Planning on my annual trip to San Jose and Jaco but might be tempted to go to Guanacaste if indeed the action is plentiful.

Most of the girls in Guanacaste are hanging out in Tamarindo or in Playas del Coco. There is no one specific place... no "Ground Zero". A little bit of bar hopping is required, but they are definitely out there.