PDA

View Full Version : Ultra-Low Season and People Who Don't Listen

Speedy1
08-30-2015, 06:34 AM
I had a client visiting for two weeks, who left yesterday. He spent most of his time in the San Carlos/Arenal area. I have been telling people, for more than a decade, that the August-October period is an awesome time to visit Costa Rica. Traffic and crowds are light, prices are lower, and with the global climate change in full swing, there just isn't that much rain in many of the popular areas, any more.

So, the client was here for two weeks, and experienced maybe a total of 10 hours of rain during his entire visit. He is one of the many people that I have been chirping at about "missing out" on the low-season opportunities, and this was his first visit to Costa Rica during the low season, after 14 previous visits.

Yesterday, as he is about to depart, he tells me, "You know... You should really tell people how nice it is here in August and September. I bet you could generate more business during this time of year, if you would just let people know about that."

I just stared at him with a blank look on my face for about 30 seconds. He finally said, "What?" I said, "I would rarely even consider touching another man's genitals... but in your case, I am going to reach down the front of your shorts, rip off your testicles with my bare hand, sauté them, and then serve them to my cat, Babbette, coated in a light honey-mango glaze."

Jaco Hank
08-31-2015, 12:14 AM
heading back for another dose in late September. Second trip in low season and one in high season this year. Really enjoyed Jaco more with fewer crowds, everything was just more laid back and the shops and vendors were ready to bargain!