PDA

View Full Version : Air Transport in Costa Rica

Speedy1
12-30-2013, 02:08 AM
An excerpt from a recent message I sent to my clients:

"There is no country in the world that I have EVER visited that is better suited for aviation than Costa Rica. Whether people do not know it's readily available or just don't want to spend $180 for a round-trip ticket, I don't know. In reality, traveling by road in CR is a nightmare of bad roads and bad traffic, not to mention the inevitable complete shutdown of the only road in the area due to a traffic accident.

Arenal? 25 minutes by airplane or 4 hours by car.

Quepos? 20 minutes by airplane or 2.5 hours by car.

Our clients who travel by air will tell anyone how SMALL Costa Rica really is.

-----------------------------------------------------

You can fly from Juan Santamaria or Pavas to anywhere in Costa Rica in 45 minutes or less. 2 People can easily travel for the same amount (sometimes even less) than they could by renting a taxi together. Unfortunately, Nature Air has stopped flying from Pavas altogether, and that sucks. But you can still fly both NA and Sansa from SJO to any of their 12 CR destinations. And, you can charter an aircraft from Pavas to over 30 airports in CR -- if you can fill the seats, it's still at least the same price as a taxi.

Speedy1
12-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Forgot to mention, since this is a Mongers' board, Tamarindo is heating up quite nicely. Also, Nature Air and Sansa will not fly you to Limon or San Isidro del General, but it's pretty easy to get a plane for less than $130 per person each way. That's the same or cheaper than a solo taxi to either of those places, although admittedly 4 guys in one taxi or van will get out a lot cheaper. All 3 of these towns have some action. I actually hesitate to mention this, as right now it is like shooting fish in a barrel, and I don't want hundreds of guys going there mucking it up. :)